Basic Meditation Exercises
Meditation exercises should be practised regularly and consistently. Initially once per day for 10-15 minutes until your develop your concentration levels and correct breathing technique. Gradually build this up to twice per day for 20 minutes; once in the morning to get centred and once in the evening to switch off and relax. Develop a good posture i.e. keeping your back straight and keep relaxed, this will aid in the flow of energy.
If you choose to recite a mantra, choose one with regard to what changes you want to make in your life.
- Sit upright on a chair or cross legged on the floor
- Straighten your back
- Close your eyes
- Breathe in and out, be aware and concentrate solely on your breath when inhaling and exhaling
- Let your body relax
- Practise for 3 minutes
- Light a candle and place it at eye level in front of you
- Sit with your back straight and concentrate on your breathing
- When you are relaxed and your breathing is slow and consistent bring your attention to the candle
- Concentrate on the colours and light generated by the flame
- If other thoughts get in the way, bring your attention back to the candle
- Try to remained focused on the candle for 5 minutes
Filed under: Meditation
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!